Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Monday, January 3, 2011

Waiting Without Waiting: Another Benefit of Meditation

I'm sitting here at Los Angeles International Airport, and my flight has been delayed for two hours. I'm on my way to Vancouver to see some dear, close friends, including speaker and author Eckhart Tolle. I first met Eckhart more than 10 years ago, when he was not famous, just a quiet man with a powerful message. Although what he teaches is similar to Advaita Vedanta, Zen and many other meditation traditions, he hasn't proposed a formal practice or system. Instead, he recommends bringing meditation principles into every moment of life. Furthermore, he proposes that how this unfolds in your life is up to you.

He used to stay in the guest room of my home whenever he came to Los Angeles to give a talk or host a workshop. My partner and I adored his visits because we always learned so much about happiness from him, even when he didn't speak a word. I brought him his coffee in the morning, and the newspaper. We spent time together in silence, and we also did a lot of laughing. I remember sitting on the front steps watching birds play in the jasmine, enjoying the flight of a cloud through the blue sky. This was my first time acknowledging the profound peace and joy in the simple experiences of life, and it opened my eyes to the simple joy of being. (MORE)

Source: Huffington Post

0 comments:

Post a Comment