Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's Eve Eve

I totally planned on posting a quick post on Boxing Day, but it just didn't happen.

What can I say? Work has been SO BUSY this week. Damn Boxing Week sales. Makes people crazy...

Anyway...I've been enjoying my evenings on the couch in my pj's under a blanket watching bad TV.

Tonight I just happen to be watching good TV. Breakfast at Tiffany's is on TCM. I've never seen it before!! I'm pretty excited to watch it!



I'm also making cinnamon buns. I know, it looks adventurous, but they're a bread machine recipe. I've also never made these before. My Mom has made them and they're delicious! I just hope mine taste as good.

Here's the recipe if you're wondering:

Dough
1 cup Milk
1 Egg
1/4 cup oil
3 1/2 cup Flour
1/4 cup Sugar
3/4 teaspoon Salt
1 3/4 teaspoon Bread Machine Yeast

Filling
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
1/4 cup Butter or Margarine
1 cup Chopped Pecans (optional. I didn't add them)

Combine dough ingredients into bread machine. Set to "Dough" setting. When dough is finished roll into 10" x 15" rectangle. Spread filling onto dough and roll. Cut into 12 buns. Put buns onto 9" x 10" pan or a baking sheet.
Put buns into a warm oven (set oven to 90F,  then turn off) for 45 minutes.
Bake at 375F for 20-30 minutes.



Here's how they looked after baking:



Next time I'm going to try baking them in a deeper pan for taller more bun-like cinnamon buns. These ones taste pretty good regardless!!

Happy New Year!

Lisa.xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment