Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Monday, February 8, 2010

Inspiration: Cate Blanchett and Tilda Swinton in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button


I'm always a little (ok, maybe a lot!) behind when it comes to watching movies. What I'm trying to say is that I never seem to watch the movies I'm interested in when they premiere. I always get around to them WAY after.

For example: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I watched it this past weekend and it is by far one of the best movies I have seen in ages! (I have a boyfriend who thinks 40 Year Old Virgin and Billy Madison are the best movies ever made, so I don't usually get to watch any movies that may actually have won or have been nominated for an Oscar) I'm not re-capping the movie here, or anything like that, (click the link to read more about it on wikipedia) I just want to gush over the costume design for a bit with you!

 So beautiful! I am a little more in love with Cate Blanchett and Tilda Swinton after watching this movie! They both look so gorgeous! Their costumes and hair were impecable!
Not only that, but I'm thinking about watching (and by watching I mean fast forwarding and pausing) the movie again to check out their hair. Cate Blanchett's hair in this movie is period appropriate, yet very simple. Worth a second look and emulating in my books!

If you have not seen this movie, I recommend it! Just be sure to put aside 3 hours and a box of kleenex!


I would totally wear this outfit! Right down to the hat! LOVE IT! See what I mean about the hair? Very simple and doable, although we all know it's about the hat. Gotta love a good hat.


I read that this coat was designed and made specially for the movie (so don't go looking for one, sadly there aren't any). David Fincher (dir.) wanted something Cate could twirl in for this particular scene. So the costume designer, Jaqueline West designed this beautiful swing coat. Who knew redheads could wear yellow? Not me!


I tried in vain to get a better screenshot of the infamous red dress. Read an interesting article about it here.


Oh Tilda, how I do adore you! And that hat! She was just so stunning in this movie! She was the perfect mature antithesis to Cate Blanchett's Daisy. In attitude and dress!


Thanks for indulging me! Hope you all had a great day!

Lisa. xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment