Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Do You Want The Success You Claim You Want?

I meet people on a regular basis who say they want to improve their life, make more money, leave a job they hate, etc. But the truth of the matter is 99% of these folks are only saying they want success and improvement.

As somebody who has a real interest in helping others ��" in fact as a guy who does this for a living ��" I find it extremely frustrating that most of the population is incapable of getting off their rears and doing something toward the success they claim to want. Honestly it seems people will offer just about any excuse in the book to avoid taking action.

I don’t have the money.

I’m too busy right now.

Next month I’m really going to get busy.

I’m not sure if this is exactly the right opportunity for me.

Fill in your own favorite excuse here.

Here’s what all of these self-defeating statements really mean: “I prefer to remain a victim and just keep complaining about the things I’m too lazy to change.”

That’s harsh, but it’s also the truth.

The fact is life is not that complicated in terms of succeeding and failing. Granted success means different things for different people, but to keep it simple let’s use more money, more time freedom, and less stress as our measures for success in this article.

It all comes down to either doing what needs to be done in order to achieve our desired success, or doing nothing and staying exactly where we are.

Read the above statement once more before continuing. No matter how we might try to dress things up, rephrase the issue, or complicate things it really is this simple.

If your mind is racing to find examples to prove me wrong, or if you’re getting a bit irritated with my candor, chances are great that you are making excuses within your own life to avoid taking action toward your own success. If that’s true, why are you doing this to yourself?

Why on earth would anybody want to deliberately keep himself or herself from success? There are actually lots of reasons, most of them centered in one form of fear or another.

But reasons are not the point of this article. When we get right down to the heart of the matter, it’s not always relevant why we avoid taking the right action for our success.

It’s often enough to admit that we are doing it, and to make a firm commitment to change directions immediately. I urge you to challenge yourself daily with the question:

“What am I doing today to move myself toward the success I say I want?”



Tim Whiston is a professional entrepreneur and writer who enjoys learning and sharing. You are invited to learn more about Tim’s business opportunity and work directly with him for mutual success.

0 comments:

Post a Comment