Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Monday, February 7, 2011

A Quick Check In & Some News!

Hello blog friends!

If I'm not careful February is going to turn out to be one of those months where I don't post very much (which, I want you to know is never my intention!!).
In my defense I've been busy preparing for an exciting change in my life.

I've quit my job at Urban Barn and after 2 long years of trying to work in "the real world" I've made the decision to abandon all of that and fully persue my career as a Stage Manager (click the link to read a great, simplified version of what an SM does)!!


This is one of  Winnipeg's old vaudeville stage Pantages Playhouse Theatre. I've stage managed here on numerous occastions.

I actually went to school for 6 years (out of choice, not necessity) for my BA Double Honours in Acting and Stage Management. And I've worked in theatre in many capacities: actor, director, stage manager, props, writer, costumer, producer, over the last 15 years. In fact, it was the tiresome task of juggling my roles as an actor and a stage manager that drove me to take the position at Ricki's 2 years ago. I was tired, saw an opportunity I couldn't pass up and thought "What the hell! If it doesn't work out I've still got my career in theatre."
I've actually known that I was making the move back to theatre since I quit at Ricki's in the spring of last year, but couldn't find any immediate work, so I had to look for another regular job and keep mum on the 'ol internet (who knows who reads my blog!!) among other places until everything was out in the open.
It's a real relief now that I've quit at Urban Barn. I can finally be openly excited about my decision!

Thanks for indulging me in my photo-light post!

Lisa.xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment