Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hey There Men: Give Yoga a Try to Bboost Your Golf Game

Knowing ahead of time I was going to write about the benefits of yoga for golfers, I decided to interview my oldest son -- a staunch yoga advocate who was at the time visiting us from New Orleans.
Erroneously, I began by asking, "why do you believe yoga is so beneficial specifically for men?" It took only seconds for him to produce a concise, three-part answer -- which I can`t print. That aside, yoga is one of the fastest growing areas of fitness designed for golfers, as it is by far the best method of improving flexibility, strength and range of motion for greater distance. Dr. Robert Schwartz supports that theory by stating, "As a four-handicap senior golfer, I have made remarkable strides in my game as a result of the increased strength and flexibility I`ve gained from yoga." Further, Jim Deiters, a Class A PGA professional, stated, "Yoga is a critical part of our instruction program ... I refer all my clients to classes."

Notwithstanding, the majority of yoga participants tend to be women, which is why I specifically asked my son why he espouses yoga for men.

Once I reined him in a bit from his initial response, I obtained a long list of reasons he enjoys yoga and feels it is beneficial. Yoga: (MORE)

Source: Broomfieldenterprises.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment