Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The "Ah-Ha!" Moment: The Wardrobe Project

I've been racking my brain for the reason for my serious lack of motivation when it comes to posts these days.

This morning it hit me!

My Fall/Winter wardrobe is missing the simplicity of my Spring/Summer wardrobe.

I love my summer wardrobe. It's easy to mix and match. I love the simplicity of throwing on a great dress adding accessories and walking out the door.

Winnipeg is very cold in the winter. I believe that my HUGE wardrobe is getting in the way. I simply have too many choices in the morning (Sorry, I'm just not a lay-out-my-outfit-the-night-before kind of girl. I've tried and innevitably the next morning I change my mind and put on something else.).
This plethora of choices is making me indecisive and when this happens I give up on "the cute put together outfit" and put on a t-shirt and bottoms. Well this is just happening too frequently these days.

So this morning while getting dressed I decided it's time for some simplifying.

And so was born The Wardrobe Project.

Here are my goals:

1. Edit my closet leaving only those pieces which I love and wear reguarly.
2. Once edited, figure out which wardrobe basics I am lacking.
3. Hunt/Shop for those wardrobe basics and only purhcase quality items.
4. Define my style and look for trend pieces/accessories that match it. Only buy pieces I absolutly LOVE and ADORE.
5. Get a great haircut and buy the products my stylist reccomends.
6. Organize my wardrobe effectively. Including separating summer and winter items.
7. Pretty up my wardrobe. Including buying matching hangers and storage boxes.


Sounds simple right?

I feel as though I have a few obstacles standing in my way:

First: Money. A lot of my goals include shopping and purchasing. I am on a strict budget right now due to my job with less than full time hours. This means that saving will be important to reach these goals. And that it will take time to accomplish them.

Secondly: (this is the big one people!) I'm a bit of a clothes hoarder - and by a bit I mean I have clothes in practically every room of the house. I have a hard time getting rid of things. I always feel like I will use it again eventually. I feel fantastic when I give away a small shopping bag of clothes I haven't worn in 8 years. When likely I've only given them away because I'm out of hangers for the millions of things I've just bought.  This will be difficult and it will likely take time, maybe tears and A LOT of will power.

But I'm determined to do it.

This is the current state of my closet. (I am embarrased to post this)



It is always like this. In the morning I try something on, reject it, toss it in a pile and move onto the next thing. Then it stays like this forever. I simply have too many clothes.

I never thought I would say that.

So in starting The Wardrobe Project I am hoping to simpify my life and my wardrobe choices without losing those pretty vintage touches I love so much.

In the next post I will show you just how much I really have (all the closets). I'll break down the numbers as I begin to sort through it all.

Lisa.xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment