Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Exercise, Meditation Merged to Ease Pain

An ancient form of Chinese exercise mixed with meditation is helping people deal with chronic pain and improving their energy levels and moods, its disciples say.

Kevin Thoren of Ankeny, a certified Spring Forest Qigong teacher, said his disposition has brightened since he began practicing the discipline (pronounced chee gong) more than a year ago.

"My general mood has improved. I am happier, more calm since I have been doing qigong," he said. "Before I started this I never would have described myself as unhappy, but I guess I was more angry and stressed than I realized."

Qigong is an ancient Chinese form of energy healing, which includes breathing exercises, gentle movements and guided imagery. The Spring Forest technique focuses on positive energy flowing through the body and clearing blockages, Thoren said. He likened it to straightening out a kink in a garden hose. Once the blockage is removed, water can flow freely. It's the same with energy in the body, he said. (MORE)

Source: Des Moines Register

0 comments:

Post a Comment