Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Morden Corn and Apple Festival

Today The Boy, his parents and I went to the Morden Corn and Apple Festival. Here is a little blurb about the festival I borrowed from the website:

In 1925 Morden, Manitoba was designated as the Corn and Apple Belt. The long, warm growing season made this area of the prairies unique for the growing of corn and apple crops. The first Morden Corn and Apple Festival was held in 1967 to commemorate Canada's Centennial celebrations.

There is free corn and apple cider all afternoon. In fact all of the events in the festival are free. There was a car show today (unfortunatly it was raining while we were at the car show), tractor pulls, mud bogging races and tons of other stuff!
We had a great time!

Here are a few of my favorite cars from the car show.


I can't remember what this one is. It's a 1940 Ford something. This is it's original condition. No restoration!


I can't remember what this one is either! haha! I just think it's pretty.


This one is a '58 Edsel. This was by far my favorite car at the show. That colour is amazing!

Morden also happened to have my dream house! If you own this house please contact me. I would like to buy it!

 
    

This house was built in 1899! There was an old gravestone in the front garden from the 1800's! It was so cool!


See the stone with the date on it? 1899. Neat.
 
We also saw this tree almost in the middle of the road on a side street. It was like a little island of grass surrounded by pavement.

 

Here is some more of the festival.


 
Free corn is delicious!!






I bought a new purse at one of the vendors: U.S.E.D. It's made of recycled seatbelts. I also forgot to take a picture. I'll show you tomorrow. Check out their website! They're stuff is AMAZING!!



The Boy's Mom's family is from that area, so after we left Morden we headed West to the VERY small town of Darlingford. There is a beautiful old school house there that has been converted into a museum. It was closed when we got there, but we did get to check out it's cool fire escape. Wouldn't it be awesome if all fire escapes were this cool? I would wish for more fires! haha! Imagine how fun thier fire drills were!!




 

I couldn't resist pretending I was coming down the tube! haha!



Some prairie sky from the car window for you. Manitoba is so beautiful!



We had a really great day. Hopefully you all had a great weekend too.

 
Lisa.xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment