Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Monday, April 5, 2010

A Response: A Day in the Life of Series

Thank you again to everyone who commented on my 50's housewife post!
I expected many irate readers to bash me on my backwards thinking!
But no!

I'm happy to discover that I am not the only one who is tired from attempting to do it all! It's very nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Many of the women I work with do not share my opinion and value thier careers above all else. It makes me feel like wanting to stay home is wrong, wrong wrong...

But I digress. As the comments poured in I began to think about a typical "Day in the Life of Lisa". And as it turns out there are currently a few versions.

So I thought I would share them with you. I'll start with a weekend rehearsal day.

This was my day last Sunday.

I woke up on my own (no alarm!) at 9:00ish. (It is important to note that this is sleeping in for me as I wake up at 5:50am on weekdays! I got up without waking The Boy or Dave.

I made coffee, then sat on the couch and checked my email and blog. These are my favorite moments. The house was quiet, the sun was shinning...it's just good.



As usual, I sat on the couch too long and had to rush around to get ready:

Put on my makeup.


Pack a lunch. (I always pack a lot of food because I never know what I'll want to eat later.) In hindsight this looks like a lunch for a little kid. Good thing I'm immature! haha!


Gather my things.



Then I headed to our rehearsal space downtown. I didn't take any photos of us rehearsing (I didn't want to be disruptive), but here's the lobby of the place we were in.


I had a little break from rehearsing my scenes in the afternoon, so I worked on my lines for a bit.


When rehearsal was over at 3:00pm I headed home. Got home around 3:30 and helped the boy with some yardwork.


We had to leave the pup inside. He was getting in the way. He was very sad that he was left out...


We went in and I made an early dinner of sandwiches, pickles and some chips at The Boy's request


After dinner we sat on the couch. The boy did some reading. I surfed the internet for shoes I can't afford. Dave lounged in the sun.


At about 6:00pm The Boy went out to do boy things and I stayed home to watch Deadwood.


Around 7:30 I got hungry again so I ate a chocolate cupcake and a glass of milk.



Dave and I watched Deadwood for at least three hours and fell asleep on the couch.

Dave is out cold!

My view from under the covers

The Boy came home, woke us up and we all headed for bed around midnight.



As you can see, Sunday? Not so stressful. I'll show you A typical day at work soon and a day at work with a rehearsal after (that's a doozy...).

Take care!

Lisa.xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment