Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Monday, November 16, 2009

One Dress, Three Ways: 50's Purple Print

Before I get started I want to give credit where credit is due. This is obviously not a new idea, but I have been officially inspired by Sally Jane Vintage and her "Four Ways" posts.

I am a great collector of clothes. Getting rid of clothes kills me!! Becuase of this I am always dreaming up new ways to wear the clothes that I have, so making a series like this one just seems right!

This is the first of many "One Dress, Three Ways" posts! I currently have more than 80 dresses in my collection (most of them vintage) and I will be showcasing my favorites.

Here we go!


This is an altered 1950's bridesmaid dress. It used to be floorlength, but I've hemmed it, removed the built in bullet bra and taken in the bust darts. I bought it at Ragpickers.




 #1  I wore this outfit to work today!
Necklace: Le Chateau
Blouse: Smart Set
Tights: Walmart
Shoes:  Kenzie  (Town Shoes)






#2 I opted to show this look without tights since this is technically a summer dress
Necklace: Vintage
Blazer: Ricki's
Brooch: Vintage
Belt: Vintage
Shoes: Spring
Clutch: Vintage






#3 I wore this shopping two weeks ago, so I couldn't resist showing it with the hat and scarf I wore!
Hat and Scarf: Ricki's
Blazer: Vintage
Brooches: Both Vintage (one was Grandma's one is a Sherman!)
Belt: Laura
Tights: Ricki's
Shoes: Bleka (The Bay)
Bag: Vintage


Stay Tuned for more from this series! I've already got another dress on standby!

Lisa. xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment