Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Friday, July 31, 2009

Apricot Pork

This meal is something I threw together as a way to condense the amount of things in my fridge and freezer (some pork chops and an almost-empty jar of jam). I've seen this combination of flavors all over the place, in magazines and restaurants, but I've never tried it before. I'm kind of paranoid about cooking pork, so I usually just cook it in the crock pot so I can shred it and be sure it's done. But I decided to give these a go in the oven instead. It seriously took me like no time at all to prep. I kept wondering if a meal that easy to prepare would really end up being tasty, but it was! No measurements. Just sprinkle, spread, bake and voila! Yummy-ness. The jam on top might seem too thick and weird at first. But as the chops cook, they release a lot of juices, which thin out the jam and form a really tasty sauce.

Ingredients:
4 bone-in pork chops, thawed
oregano, dried
garlic powder
salt
apricot jam

Let meat come to room temperature for a few minutes. Preheat oven to 325. Place chops in a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with oregano, garlic powder and salt. Flip over and season other side. Spread jam over the top (I think I used about 1/4 cup) and bake for 15 minutes. Flip chops over, baste with sauce, return to oven and bake another 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Drizzle sauce over the top before serving.
Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment