Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Friday, May 8, 2009

Strawberry Peach Smoothie

I don't know about in your neck of the woods, but in mine, it's bliseteringly hot already. As in, it's been over 100 degrees for a few weeks. Yesterday as dinner time was approaching, I couldn't bring myself to turn on the stove or the oven. I used my trusty electric griddle to make BLT's, and then I remembered a recipe page I'd just clipped from one of my magazines that was full of tons of smoothies. I thought it would be perfect, and it was! Really yummy, refreshing, and my kids all thought I was giving them dessert with their dinner! ;)

When I made it, I wanted something a little thicker, more shake-like, so I added some ice. But that part is totally optional.

Ingredients:
2 cups vanilla yogurt
2 cups fresh strawberries
2 cups fresh of frozen sliced peaches
2 tablespoons sugar
ice cubes, optional

Rinse and slice your strawberries.

Put all ingredients into the blender and pulse until thoroughly mixed. Garnish with whole strawberries (cut a slit in them and stick them on the side of the glass) or sliced.

What's your weather like??

0 comments:

Post a Comment