Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Monday, February 23, 2009

Cafe Rio Sweet Pork

About a year and a half ago, we took the kids to Utah to visit some family. While I was there, I met up with my good friend Kim. She took me to Cafe Rio for lunch. I'd never been there before, but I fell in love with their pork and was determined to figure out how to recreate it at home. I think this is pretty darn close!

Ingredients:
2 pound sirloin pork roast
1 can Dr. Pepper
2 cups enchilada sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 can diced green chilies
1 tablespoon garlic salt

Pour Dr. Pepper, brown sugar, enchilada sauce and chilies into your crock pot and stir to combine. Add the roast and sprinkle it with garlic salt. Cook on low for 4 hours, then remove meat and shred. Return to crock pot, stir well to cover meat with sauce and cook for another 2 hours.

Other parts of this recipe:
Cilantro Lime Rice
Black Beans
Cilantro Lime Ranch

0 comments:

Post a Comment