Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Granola Bars

My kids LOVE granola bars. They go through them so fast it was starting to get really expensive so I started looking for recipes to make them. I tried one and didn't really like it much. Then I tried another and I am in love with it. They are sooooooo delicious. If I know we have some, I'm craving them. And you can do anything with them too.

Granola Bars

Cooks.com


4 c uncooked oats (not instant)
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp ground cinnamon (I just dump some in… we love cinnamon)
½ c. dried fruit (raisins, apples, apricots, cranberries, anything)
½ c. shredded coconut
1 c chopped nuts (we leave them out)
¾ c. melted butter or margarine
½ c. honey



Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

Mix well, with greased hands, (I use a wooden spoon) and

press into well greased 15 ½ x 10 ½ jelly roll pan. Bake at 450 for 8-10 minutes until light golden brown.

Cool thoroughly and cut into bars. Store in airtight container.

**April’s notes**
- spray your measuring cup before you measure the honey, then it slides right out
- I spray my hands with cooking spray before pressing into pan… it’s still sticky.
- our favorite is to chop dried apricots and apples (baking isle at walmart) and mix them in for the fruit.

- I put the pans into the fridge after they’re mostly cool. It makes the bars very easy to cut without them falling apart.
- I also store them in the fridge. They crumble very easily at room temperature. They’re delicious chilled and hold their shape.

0 comments:

Post a Comment