Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Monday, September 29, 2008

Garlic Roast Beef and Roasted Carrots

Sorry for my terribly long absence. I'm afraid it will get slightly worse before I'm consistently posting again. There is a lot of turmoil in my family right now and hopefully things will start to slowly get better soon. So thanks for your patience.... especially you, Hillary ;)

I thought I'd post something I've had ready for a while now. It is most delicious and more easy than you would ever guess. I call it...

Garlic Roast Beef and Roasted Carrots
(sounds complicated huh)

1 beef roast (my favorite is sirloin-tip roast - but don't quote me on that)
some carrots
1-2 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper
1 cup or so or water (not necessary but makes more gravy that way)

Place roast - thawed or partially frozen - in a roasting pan. (I got mine at Wal*Mart for around $10)
Pour water in bottom of pan.
Season roast with salt and pepper.
Place whole garlic clove(s) in bottom of pan.
Put carrots around roast.
Cover with lid.

Cook for 1 hour in 350 degree oven.
Turn down heat to 225 degrees and cook 4-5 hours.



It will literally fall to pieces when you stab in your fork and give it a twist. YUM!


For gravy:


Pour meat drippings into a saucepan. If you want a lot of gravy you can add some water. Heat to a simmer and add 2-3 tsp beef bullion. Boil. Mix 1 cup COLD water with 3 TB cornstarch and mix well. Pour about 2/3 to 3/4 cornstarch mixture into the meat drippings. Stir. Allow to simmer and thicken. If you want thicker gravy, add more cornstarch mixture.



Serve with delicious mashed potatoes.

Yummy!!! Perfect Sunday dinner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment