Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo
Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Thursday, February 1, 2007

CHRISTOPHER CISNEROS
































CHRISTOPHER CISNEROS “CHOPER NAWERS”

Born in Culiacán, Sinaloa, México. First of four brothers. Pretty much an artist since the age of three. Graphic designer and professional illustrator. Grew up among carpenters, lawyers and mom watching me draw. Love to share my personal experience with others designers and design students. I like to find inspiration in every place or thing possible.




When did you first decide to become a graphic designer/ illustrator? Was there a pivotal moment?

My mom gave me a pencil at age two that is when all hell broke loose. I started drawing at a very early age - three years old. When I was four I won my first drawing contest, since then I have been driven by illustration all my life. During high school I worked part time at a local design agency as an illustrator, so I think that encouraged me to study graphic design and arts.



Who or what inspires you?

A good cup of coffee (-LOL..what a cliche!). No really I like to walk and watch what people do, sometimes I go out to an outdoor market place near the office to eat some gorditas and tacos take my sketch book with me just watch people pass by. My wife and my son. Sometimes most of my characters are base on faces that my son does.

-And Who inspires me? Thats a good one I think other designers and illustrators work for example the work of Federico Jordan, Alejandro Magallanes, Tommy Kane, Luis Almeida, Stephen Doyle, Arthur Mount among others.


Where does your training come from? Self-taught? College/Art School?

Probably part in school, part life. Because I think that life gives you the chance to experiment with different things ( Feelings, Emotions, Flavors, Colors, etc.)
And other is yourself if you dont take care of what you do and start feeding yourself some good info or inspiration I think that kills you and makes you a bad designer.


How do you keep "fresh" within your industry?

I always try to make a connection with the clients. I try to bring something new to what I do so they can feel that every project is a unique piece of art not just a simple illustration. And I always share with other colleagues experiences and techniques, I think sharing is the path to being a happy and fulfilling designer.


What are some of your current projects?

I am currently working as base illustrator for HELIX, a kids magazine of science and experiments. Published by the CONACYT, for SUKARNE an International meat product company and on some personal toy making projects and a self promotion portfolio.


Which of your projects are you the most proud of? And why?


That is a hard question… I think every Project has a different meaning, expression and feeling through the making. But probably the “Hombre de la Mancha” and “Annie” the musicals are some illustration works I did for a campaign when working with the SAS (Sinaloense Arts Society), those were some of my favorites. You can see those on my web page: www.isme53.com on the illustration section in spanish is “ilustración”.


Are there any areas, techniques, mediums, projects in your field that you have yet to try?

I'm trying to animate a series of flash cartoons I had that Project on the fridge for a while but now its coming out…


Any advice to the novice designer/ illustrator?

Make your self a sketch book and draw all day, let your self get inspired by all that surrounds you and try to work hard to be a better designer every day, breath, think and eat design. And also “the Word impossible doesn´t exists”.



What makes a designed piece or illustration successful?

The elements or the meaning, I always try to say something with my work and that is the key to a good design the feeling and what makes others feel.



What do you do to keep yourself motivated and avoid burn-out?

When I feel like running out of gas I just shut down the computer go home have a beer, play with my son, talk with my wife, invite some friends to dinner or take a walk. Anything that can make me loose again is welcome to inspire me. And reading a lot, using your imagnation is a great tool to be better at what you do.


And finally, what is the best thing on prime-time TV right now?

Smallvile..LOL…I just love Superman.


Related Links:

www.isme53.com


Recent Work:













0 comments:

Post a Comment